The Immigrants and Refugees Action Group (IRAG) emerged from house meetings associated with All Saints’ 125 Anniversary observation. All Saints’ parishioners together have pledged to use their time, talent and treasure to support and defend both undocumented and documented immigrants and refugees. Actions that have resulted from this commitment include:
– Parish forums on ways to get involved
– A relationship with Community Legal Services in Palo Alto, offering immigration assistance to those in need
– Raising bond money to allow detained immigrants to be released
– Praying and writing letters of support for detainees
– Attending hearings and protest meetings
– Establishing study groups
– Creating a fund to support immigrants on an as-needed basis. Grants have been made to Episcopal and Roman Catholic agencies working on the US Mexico border as well as to local immigrant families in need.